Plan Your Visit
Colorado State University planted it roots in 1870 and has been a key part to the Fort Collins community ever since. Known for its picturesque front range views, historic Old Town, vibrant restaurants, and exciting community activities, Fort Collins is the perfect home for Colorado State University. Colorado State University has a variety of attractions and events which makes it a destination in itself.
- Campus Attractions
- Ammons Hall Welcome Center
- The Welcome Center serves as the university’s official front door for our visitors and friends. The center offers general information about campus and the Fort Collins community, along with admissions information for prospective students and their families, including daily information sessions and campus tours for prospective and admitted students.
- Lory Student Center
- Calendar of Events
Explore Fort Collins
Fort Collins is a city of 156,000 located 60 miles north of Denver. “The Fort” seems to have something for just about everyone – several shopping malls, hundreds of restaurants, multiple movie complexes, a regional cultural center, natural areas, miles of bike trails, and cozy coffee houses – right here in town. And for outdoor enthusiasts, camping, hiking, snow boarding, downhill and cross-country skiing to rafting, fishing, and water skiing are all within a short drive.
- Multipurpose On-Campus Stadium Tour the new on-campus stadium at Colorado State University! This facility will serve as a cornerstone for CSU Athletics and a focal point, uniting our campus and community through the pride we experience when winning and demonstrating our university’s commitment to excellence. Equally, the multifaceted facility will house our new Alumni Center, state-of-the-art classrooms, and the Center for Advising and Student Achievement, touching all students during their time in school and inviting all alumni back to campus. Colorado State is where it is today because of those who have been willing to dream.The on-campus stadium is a stage where these elements will come together to showcase our university, galvanize alumni, and create pride! The grand opening and the first home game will be in the fall of 2017.
- Chemistry Research and Biology Buildings Come tour the Science Mall at CSU! With all of the new renovations and additions happening all around campus, one outstanding addition will be the Chemistry Research and Biology buildings. These state of the art facilities will bring the College of Natural Sciences to a new level. Scheduled to be finished in the fall of 2017, the new space will offer an open and modern setting for students to research, collaborate, and socialize.
- 21st Century University: Scott Building – Engineering II Tour the College of Engineering‘s newest 3-story, 105,000 square foot, state-of-the-art facility.This building features classrooms that seat 15-50 students, a 320-seat lecture hall and teaching and learning laboratories. Design studios for engineering instruction have been added to enhance the student learning experience.Visit the “engineering student success center” that houses academic advisors, career development, the Women and Minorities in Engineering Program, the undergraduate research program, and the Professional Learning Institute.
- The Avenir Museum of Design and Merchandising is Colorado State University’s historic costume and textiles collection. Its mission is the exploration of the aesthetic, social, cultural and physical significance of textiles, dress and interior furnishings. The collection originated in the early 1950s as a small faculty teaching resource in the former Department of Home Economics; until 2009, storage and exhibition space in the Gustafson Gallery were housed in the Gifford Building. FREE and open to the public, the Avenir Museum includes five galleries located in three campus buildings, where objects are regularly exhibited and students have the opportunity to work with artifacts according to museum standards of care and handling. Please use the links above and to the right to explore our three locations.
- Lory Student Center TheatreThe Lory Student Center Theatre has completed extensive renovation to its existing theatre space to include retractable and moveable seating, a stage the can be raised and removed to create a ballroom, and new technology. The space now can accommodate 1,000 guests and can be used in a variety of new ways. The entire Lory Student Center was revitalized in 2014. The student is now complete and open to the public.